What are the advantages with storage hosting?
The advantages of storage hosting is that:
- Companies need only pay for the storage they actually use, typically an average of consumption during a month.
- Businesses using storage hosting can cut their energy consumption by up to 70% making them a more green business, and at the vendor level they are dealing with higher levels of energy so they will be more equipped with managing it in order to keep their own costs down as well.
- Organizations can choose between off-premises and on-premises cloud storage options, or a mixture of the two options, depending on relevant decision criteria that is complementary to initial direct cost savings potential; for instance, continuity of operations (COOP), disaster recovery (DR), security (PII, HIPAA, SARBOX, IA/CND), and records retention laws, regulations, and policies.
- Storage availability and data protection is intrinsic to object storage architecture, so depending on the application, the additional technology, effort and cost to add availability and protection can be eliminated.
- Storage maintenance tasks, such as purchasing additional storage capacity, are offloaded to the responsibility of a service provider.
- Cloud storage can be used for copying virtual machine images from the cloud to on-premises locations or to import a virtual machine image from an on-premises location to the cloud image library. In addition, cloud storage can be used to move virtual machine images between user accounts or between data centers.
- Cloud storage can be used as natural disaster proof backup, as normally there are 2 or 3 different backup servers located in different places around the globe.
What provider should I use?
Choosing which provider to use when storing your files online depends on what files you intend to store through web hosting, and the needs or purpose of storing these files.
A website, for instance, has many reasons to host files on the internet, such as video streaming, podcasting, hosting a game, pictures, images, documents, among others. That’s why needing to safely store files through web hosting is often a common need for website owners.
Before you choose which provider to go with, you need to look at what it is you need to store, and how much space you will need. If you have a lot of big files, you should also take a look at the possibilities and processes the different providers have, so that you choose one that can easily handle big files in a smooth and easy way.
Discover your Digitalization Index
Cloud storage is a big part of the digitalization process, and to help you with digitizing your business, we have created a Digitalization Index that enables you to measure your current ‘digital footprint’ against 60 different criteria covering such things as online presence, social media activity and SEO, so as to identify how you could specifically increase your profitability by digitizing further. So why not see what more you could be doing to build a better, more successful ‘digital business’? Discover your Digitalization Index right now.